Re: [amibroker] Re: no amibroker book?

Greetings all --

What a nice surprise, it looks like there is a new price point.  I did not think the market would bear so much.  (Grin)

" I WILL GET IT but I would pay $120.00 for the very basics in afl in a
minute. "

"Introduction to AmiBroker" is alive and well.  I have other projects that are getting done along with writing it.  Some days Introduction is on the top of the list, other days it is not.  But it will be published.

It will be pretty much what its title says -- a book about AmiBroker.  Since AmiBroker is a trading system development platform, there will be discussion of trading and trading systems.  But, readers looking for a book about the design, testing, and validation of trading systems should look at "Quantitative Trading Systems," which is already available.  The Introduction book is a separate book, more about AmiBroker, less about trading systems, and at a more basic level.  It is not a new edition of QTS.

Thanks for the suggestions about joint authorship.  I have already explored that.

The author of a book gets very little compensation -- no matter how it is published.  Top end compensation for the author(s) -- if there are multiple authors, they split this -- is usually about 10% of the retail price of the book.  A $40 book gives two authors $2.00 each per copy.  Introduction to AmiBroker might sell 2000 copies over two or three years.  At the rate Tomasz is expanding the capabilities of AmiBroker, it would be unwise to make too large a press run, and wise to plan on revised editions regularly.  There are several sections I have re-written already as AmiBroker changed, and the first edition has not yet gone to press.

There is little reward and a lot of difficulty coordinating efforts.  The logistics of two people working from different locations on a manuscript several hundred pages long are very difficult.

It is a one-person job.

Thanks,
Howard