[amibroker] Re: no amibroker book?

Hi Howard,
I would be interested in a book on how to use Amibroker correctly, how
will you let people know when you have published the book?

Have you thought of selling it as a pdf something like on clickbank?
As you will have no costs up front and will sell as many as wanted no
more and no less - also you could offer updated pages as needed.
Just an Idea.
Yours
Chris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Greetings all --
>
> What a nice surprise, it looks like there is a new price point.  I
did not
> think the market would bear so much.  (Grin)
>
> " I WILL GET IT but I would pay $120.00 for the very basics in afl in a
> minute. "
>
> "Introduction to AmiBroker" is alive and well.  I have other
projects that
> are getting done along with writing it.  Some days Introduction is
on the
> top of the list, other days it is not.  But it will be published.
>
> It will be pretty much what its title says -- a book about
AmiBroker.  Since
> AmiBroker is a trading system development platform, there will be
discussion
> of trading and trading systems.  But, readers looking for a book
about the
> design, testing, and validation of trading systems should look at
> "Quantitative Trading Systems," which is already available.  The
> Introduction book is a separate book, more about AmiBroker, less about
> trading systems, and at a more basic level.  It is not a new edition
of QTS.

> Thanks for the suggestions about joint authorship.  I have already
explored
> that.
>
> The author of a book gets very little compensation -- no matter how
it is
> published.  Top end compensation for the author(s) -- if there are
multiple
> authors, they split this -- is usually about 10% of the retail price
of the
> book.  A $40 book gives two authors $2.00 each per copy.
Introduction to
> AmiBroker might sell 2000 copies over two or three years.  At the rate
> Tomasz is expanding the capabilities of AmiBroker, it would be unwise to
> make too large a press run, and wise to plan on revised editions
regularly.
> There are several sections I have re-written already as AmiBroker
changed,
> and the first edition has not yet gone to press.
>
> There is little reward and a lot of difficulty coordinating efforts.
 The
> logistics of two people working from different locations on a manuscript
> several hundred pages long are very difficult.
>
> It is a one-person job.
>
> Thanks,
> Howard
>

> On Feb 8, 2008 12:25 PM, Ronald Davis <xokie7@xxx> wrote:
>
> >   Lloyd>>>I, also would like to see a presentation using first
principles.
> > My
> >
> > understanding is that Howard will be completing an entry level book
> > this spring as soon as he completes some obligations this month.
> >
> > It might be a better book if Howard and Graham were to agree to
JOINTLY
> > write the book. The best and most understandable explanations that
have
> > been given to me have been those from Graham. Graham seems to have an
> > outstanding ability to describe things in a very understandable
way. Here
> > is his description of SUM from the user manual. Ron D

> > Sum adds up the last "n" number of bars. It sums whatever you put
into the
> > first part of the sum formula.
> >
> > Cum(1) adds 1 to the previous value of Cum, so the first bar is 1
and it
> > just keeps adding one to the last bar value of cum(1).
> > You can use Cum to add anything, like how many times you get
rising days
> > in
> > the entire chart:
> >
> > Rise = C>O; //this gives results of 0 or 1
> > TotalRise = Cum(Rise);
> >
> > You could limit this as well to time periods, or any other condition
> > Example
> > would be one for total rise days since 1995:
> >
> > RecentRise = C>O and Year()>=1995; //this gives results of 0 or 1
> > TotalRise = Cum(RecentRise);
> >
> > If you wanted to know how many rising days in the last 12 bars you
would
> > use:
> >
> > LastRises = Sum(Rise,12);

UKB. But