[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker Users' Knowledge Base

I find Perry Kaufman's book "Trading Systems and Methods" or "New
Trading Systems and Methods" a very good book.

It's right up there as a basic traading text.

I find him to be computer, maths and trading savvy with a
contemporary approach.
He covers a wide range of topics, including trading methods that are
relatively new.

I find parallels in style and way of thinking between Mr Kaufman and
Howard. I remarked on that to Howard when I emailed him to thank him
for his book.

I have had it in mind to write an occassional book review for the
community. I didn't do it because I felt the messageboards wasn;t the
place where that sort of thing could be maintained well.

It might be a good idea for the UKB.
Perhaps reviews of books may eventually pop-up there.
Who nows?

Brian.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxx> wrote:

> Most of the things that you are interested in are not AmiBroker
specific.  There are many good books on these subjects, including
Kaufman's "Trading System and Methods."

> Bill

there. I am assuming this Knowledge base is for explanations on doing
things in Amibroker - especially in using this tool to make profits.
I am always looking for techniques and ideas on actually using the
Amibroker tool to make profits and reduce risk, and particularly like
to see more successful traders/investors "how to" articles.    Based
on my level of knowledge I would like to see some
input/hints/articles on: (1) Using the Equity function for profits,
(2) Testing systems AFL for profits (what to look for, methods,
comparisons to some really good systems, etc.), (3) Strategies of
effective Risk Management using Amibroker, (4) Short and sweet
explanations on techniques to keep the Amibroker database up to date
(good start in the UKB - more is needed), (5) Techniques for keeping
track of an existing portfolio in Amibroker that a trader would use
(comparing to real time results) and doing testing and risk analysis
on this existing portfolio to include price paid and number of
shares, and (6) a discussion on the importance of "Drawdown".   The
UKB article on EOD vs RT is a good format for "techniques" type
articles.  The suggested topics above are all areas where I am weak
in - especially Drawdown.