[amibroker] Re: How can I get the default screen back

Hello Arthur,

Yes, this part of it is good fun isn't it.

Not much practical use for it but definitely worth finding out.

No expertise here - just bootstrapping the problem.

I am using the last major upgrade (4.90) and haven't taken the betas.

I have a (nearly) virginal copy on my spare computer and sent a copy
of that to an external drive - definitely no layout or template stuff
altered (I am not a chartist and mostly only try that stuff as a
learning exercise etc)

I also have a working copy on my main desktop (pretty virginal also
especially when it comes to layouts/templates).

Using Windows Explorer search (when did files change?)

- searched the Virgin (careful now - this is a family show) and
surprised to find .layout and .awl properties > file modified up to
current date/minute and no files in data layouts folder.

- went to the working copy - the same applies (I have saved a one and
only template yesterday and plenty of different chat views).

- searched working copy AmiBroker folder and targeted files changed
to day time - change chart view (broker.newcharts, default.awl and
broker.watch change) - hit save button (broker.watch and broker
newcharts change) - right click chart > template > save default
(default.layout changes).

Question? - every time AB is closed the last chart view is the
default on opening AB - where is it saved (a pseudo default)?

Making a lucky guess I renamed files in the working copy -
 .awl, .layouts, .newcharts and .watch and replaced them with copies
from the external caddie (clean version) - I replaced the
broker.watch in the database 'Copy of Data' (I thought that was my
default).

Opened the working copy of AB and voila - just as she was on install
(except the scale on the candles looks a bit funny bit I didn't chase
that down).

Also that wasn't my current default database bit it opened to the
default OK (the two databases involved are Yahoo DJIA as installed
and the same after a bit of tweaking (I am using them to write
trainging material for the UKB).

That takes you pretty close - a bit more investigation would make you
the AB 'waht file does what expert".

Happy hunting,

Brian.

- --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tradingarthur"