Re: [amibroker] Re: Need help with formula, please...

There is some code by acesheet for centered moving averages in the archives under Hurst/Sigma discussions.  You can also find some code at WealthLab (http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/editsystem?id=19072).

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Need help with formula, please...

So am I, Ray. As far as I understand, what the formula DMA(28,-14) does is the combination of shifting back in time ( -14) the MA(28) and extrapolating the unknown part from the center of the average ( -14 ) thru actual. The first part is a simple Ref( -14 ). For the last part see Hull's Moving Average. Should be in the AB library. It's one way to do that. Getting the bars between the center and today. Although there are many other possibilities and all are trying to predict the same future. Also see GP's answer to your question ...

Regards, Ton.