[amibroker] Re: Need help with formula, please...

Thank you Bill for such a quick reply, I'll try to have a look at
both codes and see if I can make any sense in how to use them, as I
am not very good at programming, and still testing AB to see if it
will suit me....so far the response here on the board is overwelming
and I'd like to thank everyone for their kindness in helping novices
as myself....

I posted another question regarding a possibility of another window
display in AB under the charts, where to have (as choosen fields) the
data needed for the charted stock as PE, EPS,RS,....etc
Any idea if this is possible?

regards,
Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxx> wrote:

> There is some code by acesheet for centered moving averages in the
archives under Hurst/Sigma discussions.  You can also find some code
at WealthLab (http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-
bin/WealthLab.DLL/editsystem?id=19072).

> Bill

14) does is the combination of shifting back in time ( -14) the MA
(28) and extrapolating the unknown part from the center of the
average ( -14 ) thru actual. The first part is a simple Ref( -14 ).
For the last part see Hull's Moving Average. Should be in the AB
library. It's one way to do that. Getting the bars between the center
and today. Although there are many other possibilities and all are
trying to predict the same future. Also see GP's answer to your
question ...

>   Regards, Ton.

I'll
<gp.investment@>
>     wrote:
>     > > >
>     > > > > Actually, I just noticed there's a new function called
>     BarIndex()
>     > > >
>     > > > Sorry, just realised this is not a new function (got
confused
>     by the
>     > > > red star in the help) and that according to the help, it
may
>     not be
>     > > > accurate if QuickAFL is on. So if using that, I think you
>     might need:
>     > > >
>     > > > bi = BarIndex();
>     > > > s5 = IIf(bi-bi[0] >= BarCount-14, MA(Close, 5), Null);
>     > > >
>     > > > GP
>     > > >
>     > >