Re: [amibroker] Re: I need your thoughts on an Optimisation issue

this is jmo but if you have enough trades and you don't have too many Opt variables, by far the easiest way to optimize is to use visual optimizations.

We do this by running the system in an Indicator and plot the equity. Substitute the Optimize() with a Param() and simply drag the Param slider left and right. This is a hundreds times faster than optimizing and you'll automatically reject over-optimization because these conditions don't last over many consecutive opt values. You can also immediately see how optimum values for one ticker apply to other tickers simply by clicking on the tickers in your work space. This, btw, gives you a real good impression on how robust (market wise) your system is. You can also immediately pick up on any system bias towards stock price, sectors, markets, time periods, Long vs Short, etc. And all that is minutes...

I find the visual feedback is very effective, catches a lot more invalid/over-optimized results, and splits etc. Performance is immediately obvious from the equity chart. Not only that, if your equity jumps up/down you can immediately zoom in on the event and analyze that happened.

I like it simple  less surprise that way.

herman