[amibroker] Re: help getting rid of excess symbols

Hi Brian,
I wasn't able to do what you i think you suggested but your hint led
me to a solution.
All i had to do was delete broker.master and AB recreated just the
symbols i needed.
(Otherwise scans, optimizations seemed to take longer for "All
symbols" - creating a watchlist corresponding to symbols with data
cut the time in half in my case).

Regards
Gerry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@xxx> wrote:

> Hello gerryjoz,
>
> I don't entirely understand your point.
>
> If you have a .tls list of the symbols you want then you can
download
> data for that exact list via AQ.
>
> There are also ways to do what you want (get rid of unwanted
symbols)
> e.g. right click watchlist in AB and import a watchlist from a file
>
> then filter using INWATCHLIST test and delete those excluded by
filter
> (save in another watchlist and delete them from there?).
>
> There are probably other ways.
>
> Looking at it from another angle.
>
> Have you looked at message #106982.
> I tried it out of interest and the *link* installed a US Stocks
> database, all nicely categorised into groups, sectors, markets etc.
> If you went that way you could easily delete what you don't want.
>
> gve also gave a nice example of how to filter low price or low
> liquidity stocks out from the list.
>
> BrianB2.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gerryjoz" <geraldj@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > i have just set up US stocks for first time using amiquote. i
> exported
> > all the stocks that interested me and set up a new db but
> > i still have all 7000+ symbols in the symbol pull-down based on
the
> > template. Is there any way to delete the ones which are not in a
tls
> > list that corresponds to the actual symbols i need?

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM