[amibroker] Re: help getting rid of excess symbols

Hello gerryjoz,

I don't entirely understand your point.

If you have a .tls list of the symbols you want then you can download
data for that exact list via AQ.

There are also ways to do what you want (get rid of unwanted symbols)
e.g. right click watchlist in AB and import a watchlist from a file >
then filter using INWATCHLIST test and delete those excluded by filter
(save in another watchlist and delete them from there?).

There are probably other ways.

Looking at it from another angle.

Have you looked at message #106982.
I tried it out of interest and the *link* installed a US Stocks
database, all nicely categorised into groups, sectors, markets etc.
If you went that way you could easily delete what you don't want.

gve also gave a nice example of how to filter low price or low
liquidity stocks out from the list.

BrianB2.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM