[amibroker] Re: Could someone tell me what to do about time zone differences?

Thank you for your reply Lester,

I have actually tried a few changes such as what you suggested, as
well as playing around with the time shift etc.

I was hoping someone could really explain how the settings work as I
am unable to get it right.

I thought that if you check "Use exchange time" then the time shift
was ignored, and all tickers would show their daily bars based on
exchange time, but apparently this is not so, as I am getting 2 bars
the same when I download the data at certain times of the day for US
stocks.

Then I have this problem where I need to "force backfill" on all
stocks so that there are not repeated bars throughout my data.  This
is very cumbersome, and means I am never 100% sure that my data is
good, or that my scan is picking up the correct signals.

I have read the knowledge base article (here :
http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/03/19/how-does-the-daily-time-
compression-work/), but I did not find that it helped me with my
problem.

I am trying to get my EOD database right first and then I will start
on the intraday.

I would appreciate any help in suggestions of how to organise it so
all markets work at any time of the day.  I have esignal RT data
source, but can't find anywhere on esignal what time zone their
server is, or whether they use the exchange time, but it was
mentioned on this group somewhere that they use GMT, but not certain
about that.

Thanks in advance
Sam