[amibroker] Re: What's Wrong With This Line?

Exactly!  This is why all of the solutions that have been suggested so
far won't work because I want to look at periods where the start and
end points are both in the past.  Conceptually it's a very simple
thing, but programming it using AmiBroker is something else.  I
thought about doing the same thing as you are considering, but HOLY
MACKERAL, what a headache!  I cannot believe there isn't a quick and
dirty way to get what I want without a Cray computer and a PhD in
information technology.  I just want to be able to specify a start and
end point for the regression and standard deviation calculations, but
from a calculation elsewhere in the code and not from manual input.
That doesn't seem like an impossible dream, but MAN what a hassle!
Using LastValue I can get this no problem.  But I don't always want to
use the last value in the array and that's the problem I have.  I'm
absolutely sure there is a simple answer to this and I'm just missing
it because my brain is so fried from thinking about it.

Chuck

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Nemeth <rjnemeth@xxx> wrote:

> Interesting you are trying to solve this problem at this time. I am
trying to find the STDERR function between two points of my choseing
in the past.

>   The only thing I have thought of, outside of rolling my own, is to
create an array for each possible period # I might use to fit my
conditions of start and stop points. Then code would have to be
written to chose the appropriate array and its value to build the
final solution array. I'm still thinking about it and am interested in
the topic. Hope you find a solution.
>   Robert
>
> "Charles J. Dudek" <trader@xxx> wrote:
>           And how do I fix it. I'm getting a type mismatch error,
but I can't
> see where I'm trying to put an entire array into one cell.
>
> aL[i] = LinRegIntercept( C [i] , Longcount[i] );
>
> Does LinRegIntercept create an array? If so, how do I get around
> that? I'm trying to create trendlines at various points throughout
> the history that start and end based on other calculations. This is
> driving me CRAZY!!!
>
> Are there any examples of this kind of thing I could refer to? I know
> I could use LineArray, but I also need to calculate standard
> deviations based on the same periods, so I don't think that will help
> me, will it?
>
> Chuck

> Sponsored Link
>
>    Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month.
Intro-*Terms