[amibroker] Re: What's Wrong With This Line?

Well ... I don't know what "LongCount" is but given that you have it
referenced as if it were an array then ...

X = LinRegIntercept(C, LongCount);

I can't see how it would ever be appropriate in a formula using
LinRegIntercept to reference a single point along the array for
values of y i.e. c[i] ...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Charles J. Dudek" <trader@xxx>
wrote:

> OK, so how do I fix it?  Do I have to write some code that will
> calculate a least squares regression from scratch?  I think that
will
> be really hairy to try to figure out.  Are there any examples of
> formulas written to do the same thing or something similar?  None of
> the linearreg formulas on the AB website helped.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@> wrote:
> >
> > From the doc ...
> >
> > SYNTAX  LinRegIntercept( ARRAY, periods )
> >
> > RETURNS ARRAY
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Charles J. Dudek" <trader@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > And how do I fix it.  I'm getting a type mismatch error, but I
> > can't
> > > see where I'm trying to put an entire array into one cell.
> > >
> > > aL[i]   =  LinRegIntercept( C [i] , Longcount[i] );
> > >
> > > Does LinRegIntercept create an array?  If so, how do I get
around
> > > that?  I'm trying to create trendlines at various points
throughout
> > > the history that start and end based on other calculations.
This