Re: [amibroker] Index Volume Data Issue

Ace --
This is most probably one for TJ.  The best way for you to handle it should be to go to http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/ and leave a suggestion.

I think TJ has 3 options:
1.  Leave it as it is.  Live with it!
2.  Scale down volume by some fixed number, like 100 or 1000, or maybe even user defined.
3.  Convert volume from 32 bit integer to more bits or floating point (mucho work?).

If you make the suggestion, you get to place the first vote for one of the three choices.  My vote would be for curtain #2 with user defined value in data base settings.

BTW, the 'mysterious' number equals 2^31 - 1, the largest positive number  expressible using 32 bit signed numbers.
-- Keith

acesheet wrote:
I have a problem with downloading volume information for the ^NYA and
^IXIC (and probably other indices). Amibroker seems to clip off any
volume higher than the mysterious 2,147,483,647 number. Any volume
higher than this gets set to 2,147,483,647 shares traded. Since this
happens on a fairly routine basis its become a problem for me.\

Any idea what's going on there? I'm using Yahoo data. When I download
it to Excel it gets the proper value, but not through AmiQuote.

Thanks.

- ace

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS