From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Clark
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:25 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Stylecloud

Hi Thomas,

I started using the styleCloud.  I like it for certain types of charts much better than histograms but I see one issue with it – colors change with the change of bar value and not with the change over or under a certain quantitative value.  For example, in the attached Chaikin MF(10) charts of WRES, the AB version shows odd changes in colors, while the StockCharts version shows the correct (IMO) rendition.

In the attached ChaikinStyleCloud.gif chart, look at the 12/7 bar (under the cursor line).   The CMF(10) value for that bar is “-.07” (negative).  The 12/6 value is “.07” (positive).   In the AB version, the cloud color is the green color of the 12/6 (positive) bar even after the bar drops below the “0” line between the 12/6 and 12/7 bar.   In the StockCharts version, the color correctly changes at the “0” line.

Here’s the color code for the chart:

CMFColor = IIf(CMFI >= 0, PColor, NColor);

Apparently AB translates this as “when the bar CMF value changes to goes over 0, change colors”.  My preferred translation would be “when the interpolated CMF value goes over 0, change colors.   I need to report this to Tomasz, but haven’t had the time.

It looks like a similar issue.   Is this the issue to which you were referring?

Regards,

Dan.