Re: [amibroker] Advance/Decline line

Dick

I'm no expert with AB or AFL.

There are a lot of posts for this in the past, using
custom made AddtoComposite function, but what I find
works for me with 4.6beta is the following: ( I use
this for the ASX.)

First under Symbol, Categories, Select your market (in
my case ASX), then in Base Indexes for Composites I
select the main market Index: XAO.

Second, in a new pane I plot this code.

************

Difference = ( AdvIssues() - DecIssues()  );
//Difference = (AdvIssues() - DecIssues() ) / (
UncIssues() + 1 ); // more correct version a la TJ.
DiffSqrt = IIf( Difference > 0, sqrt( Difference ), -
sqrt( -
Difference ) );
ADLine1 = Cum( DiffSqrt );
Plot(ADLine1,"adline_custom",colorTeal,styleThick );
Plot(EMA(ADLine1,30),"EMA AdvDec",colorOrange,
styleLine);

GraphXSpace = 3;

Title = "Advance Decline Line XAO " + Date() + "
AdvIssue = " + WriteVal(AdvIssues(),1.2) + "  DecIssue
 =  " + WriteVal(DecIssues(), 1.2)  ;

***********

Third,  go to Symbol, Calculate composites.
Check the "number of advancing/declining issues" box.
Apply to All quotes. (not sure if this is needed each
time but I do it anyway).
Select the "this Market" radio button, in my case I
select ASX.

Click on  Calculate, (can take a while).
When it's finished calculating, click the Close button
and you should get an Advance Decline in the pane you
have plotted, together with MA as per code.

Hope this helps.

ChrisB

--- areehoi <rhoierman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone know if the "built in"  Advance/Decline
> line works in
> AmiBroker?  As you may have noted it is listed in
> the Charts (came
> with the program) with the formula:
> Plot( ADLine(), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color",
>  colorCycle ),
> ParamStyle("Style")  );
> I've tried it but nothing happens.  There is also an
> A/D Line in the
> "calculate composite" section under the Symbols list
> but I've never
> been able to get it to work.  Can someone help me on
> this?  Thanks
>
> Dick H.

http://farechase.yahoo.com

24 Hours. Commission-Free.