RE: [amibroker] Saving data

I think you are right! My "fix" only works if a person diligently displays each symbol, every day.

In futures (tick chart) I have noticed I have missing days of data if I don't look at a chart of that symbol for several days. In my stock database (5-min), I have a similar thing happening. If I don't look at a symbol for a few days, then data is lost until I display a chart of that symbol again.

In the beginning, I just started the stock database every day and did not change the symbol because I wanted to collect enough data to make my indicators meaningful. I was surprised when no other symbols had collected data even though they were in the RT quote window.

Since you seem to have the problem also, could you confirm this behavior under the circumstances I described? If so, the problem may be more believable to support. I suspect this could be a tough one to find assuming we don't have something mis-checked somewhere.
Robert

ronbo <ronbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
you are the first person besides myself who has recognized this problem.  i
have this same problem and it has been reported to support twice with no
fix.  it was suggested i have a corrupted database so i created a new one,
but it has the same problem---does not save the updated data.  there must be
a flag somewhere which says the database symbol has changed, and somehow, it
is not being changed, hence no save!!  that's only a guess on my part.  BUT
the only way i can be sure it is saved is to do a File/Save Database As and
select the database name for "force" a save.  hitting the Save icon on the
toolbar doesn't save it either.  i'm still using 4.73 and have not updated
yet to the new version.

sorry i can't offer a solution,
ron