Re: [amibroker] new toolbars -- and a tip

Hi Steve,

Sunday, October 23, 2005, 1:50:04 PM, you wrote:

SD> Hi Yuki,

SD> Separators can still be added - with customize window open, right-click on a
SD> toolbar button and select "begin group" at the bottom of the menu. The line
SD> will appear in front of the button you selected

Ah hah!  ^_^  And that also shows me how to easily get rid of the
separators surrounding 'Undo', which probably gives me space for even
another button on the toolbar, without going muti-row or down the
side.

That's always been my desired setup: a single button row, and nothing
on the sides.  Unfortunately, I like perhaps a wider ticker bar than
others might prefer, so I have to make some trade-offs. I have the
hidden workspace tabs on the left now, but they are nicely
unobtrusive.

It's great to have *all* the tools available instantly from the
primary view, but I'd rather see as big a chart as possible; and
needing to go through menus to get at some of tools may help to
remind me that I probably don't really need them in the first place,
at least not very darned often. (I constantly battle with myself to
keep a rather narrow technical focus, which I think is very important
-- as evidence of that battle, I have exactly 26 sheets, which is
probably roughly 5 times the number I really need to trade
successfully, maybe more.) Of course, what's obscure and unnecessary
to me may be central to someone else; so the flexibility is great. I
can get what I need, and in reality much more than what I really
need, on one line of buttons quite easily now.

When TJ completes drag and move for the sheet tabs, which he said is
coming soon, I am going to feel this interface is approaching
perfection, at least until I can think of something else I want.  ^_-

We've sure come a long, long way from the days when some of us used
to periodically lose (by accidentally overwriting) the first formula
in the indicator builder list, because we forgot the peculiarities of
the interface.

Thanks for the pointer.

Yuki

24 Hours. Commission-Free.