[amibroker] Re: AFL out of bounds error?

Thanks Graham,

Great, Adding the SetBarsRequired(10000,10000) fixes the problem.  But
that still doesn't tell me what quickafl is doing.

Would I be correct in assuming that only a portion of the array is
being calculated?  The first pass must be the entire array and then
subsequent refreshes must only be some portion of the array.  If so,
how is that portion of the array determined?  And also, does quickafl
only affect array processing procedures and not loop processing?

Thanks again,

Marty.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:

> have you added to your code to oercome the quickafl
>
> SetBarsRequired(10000,10000);
>
> On 10/10/05, William Peters <william@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Marty,
> >
> > Would it be possible for you to post the code as it stands. Your code
> > is attempting to access an array element which is currently not within
> > the bounds of the array.
> >

> > Regards,
> > William Peters
> > http://www.amitools.com
> >

> > Sunday, October 9, 2005, 2:28:48 PM, you wrote:
> > m>    Hi,
> >
> > m>  Last week I asked how AFL runs with real time data coming in. I
> > m>  assumed that every time a new piece of data is obtained that the
> > m>  entire AFL program runs from the first line to the last. But
> > m>  something else seems to be happening.
> >
> > m>  I have an AFL program that determines Swing Highs and Lows.
Most of
> > m>  the programming uses array processing. But I needed to use a
for loop
> > m>  through the array to find where multiple swing highs occurred
without
> > m>  a swing low between them. I then modify the array to only keep the
> > m>  highest swing high or the last swing high if the highs are
equal. I
> > m>  am using BarIndex() to identify the bars on which the swing
highs occur.

> > m>  The program works fine the first time I drop it on the chart. But
> > m>  then, if I click to select a bar on the chart, I get an error that
> > m>  array subscript is out of bounds.
> >
> > m>  If the program is running from the first line to the last line
every
> > m>  time there is new data (or when I select a bar on the chart), then
> > m>  this would not be possible. So something else must be going on
where
> > m>  only a portion of the code is being executed.
> >
> > m>  It seems that this might have something to do with QuickAFL
mentioned
> > m>  on the BarIndex() help screen, but I could not find any
information
> > m>  about QuickAFL or what is necessary to work around it.
> >
> > m>  How exactly does QuickAFL work if that is what is my problem? Are
> > m>  only some parts of the AFL program being run while other parts are
> > m>  ignored/skipped because the values are thought to not have
changed?
> > m>  Does QuickAFL affect both array and loop processing?
> >
> > m>  Any other tips or thoughts that I need to consider?
> >
> > m>  Thank-you,
> >
> > m>  Marty.

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm

24 Hours. Commission-Free.