Re: [amibroker] How to plot volume in price pane using 1/3 of pane?

On Monday 10 October 2005 03:20, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is easier to use technique, which is already shown by built-in
> volume code:
>
> Plot( Volume, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color", colorBlueGrey ),
> ParamStyle( "Style", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick,
> maskHistogram  ), 2 );
>

> This '2' in the end controls how tall volume histogram is. 2 means
> 1/2 of pane. 3 would mean 1/3 of pane. You can parametrize it to
> allow free-scaling:
>
> Plot( Volume, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color", colorBlueGrey ),
> ParamStyle( "Style", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick,
> maskHistogram  ), Param("1/n Height", 2, 1, 10, 0.25 ) );
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Tomasz, where is this documented?  I have searched the help and the
release notes for 4.70.5 and can find no mention of this (useful)
feature of styleOwnScale.  I'm happy to be proved incompetent at
searching, if you can supply a pointer to it in any of the amibroker
docs.

Is the following an accurate description of the various uses of minvalue
and maxvalue in a styleOwnScale Plot()?  Or is there other magic I
don't know about?

* If arguments five (minvalue) and six (maxvalue) are not supplied, the
plot will be autoscaled to the data (independently of any other plot in
the pane) and will occupy the full height of the pane.

* If argument five (minvalue), but not six (maxvalue) is supplied, the
plot will be autoscaled to the data (independently of any other plot in
the pane) and will occupy 1/n of the height of the pane.  (where n is
the suppled argument.)

* If both arguments five (minvalue) and six (maxvalue) are supplied, the
plot will occupy the full height of the pane and they will define the
plot min and max values.

Thanks,
	Nigel

24 Hours. Commission-Free.