[amibroker] Re: Sound Problems AlertIF

 Thanks Grover

I have no idea how to prioitize the alerts. I am newbe with afl, but
have a lot of experience with AIQ-EDS language.

I went to AB so I could run several alerts at the same time. In fact
I want at least three alerts to give me a fourth alert when all
three come true in one minute.

Working on  a system so that on one minute, three Futures, ES, ER2
and YM which happen at the same time, such as pivots, MACD etc, may
indicate a Buy or Sell.

Any ideas how I can prioitize the alerts would be welcome. Will do a
search of AB messages.

I hope Thomaz will respond to this bug.

Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Grover Yowell" <gyowell@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello Ray,
>

> I have had similar experiences, more than one under a variety of
conditions.
> The common "denominator" which causes the problem is when one
alert triggers
> simultaneously with another.  When that occurs it causes AB  to
display the
> error message which you quoted stating that you need double back
slashes
> (even though you  have double back slashes in your program), and
then the
> program gets into a loop and continues to repeat the alert.  The
workaround
> which I got in a message from Hermann is to prioritize your alerts
so that
> only one can fire at any one time.
>

> Depending on your AFL skills, there have been a number of
interesting
> messages about alert sound alternatives.  You can search the AB
messages and
> come up with some very good ideas to solve your problem.
>

> Grover
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of me_rayme
> Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:34 AM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Sound Problems AlertIF
>

> Wondering if a bug exists in AB sound.
> XP 2.4GH 800 mh buss 1 gb of ram. ver 4.70.5  with IB backfill
> Looking at YM futures, one minute.
>
> I have two AlertIF programs up, some times four, one where the
Cross
> of 20ma and 50ma and another where the Signal and MACD cross.
>
> both have identical alerts as below.
>
> AlertIf( Buy, "Sound C:\\Program
> Files\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\gunshot.wav","Buy MA20-50",1);
>
> AlertIf( Sell, "Sound C:\\Program
> Files\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\tada.wav","Sell MA50-20",2);
>
> the other is
> AlertIf( Buy, "Sound C:\\Program
> Files\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\gunshot.wav","Buy MACD",1);
>
> AlertIf( Sell, "Sound C:\\Program
> Files\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\tada.wav","Sell MACD",2);
>
> What happens is the gunshot comes through maybe every second,
> continously. This only happens every few days. Normal most of the
> time, maybe every 5 minutes. Something starts it and have to
delete
> the two alerts, then will be Ok when I start them later.
>
> This comes up at the bottom left, see quotation marks, of AB
during
> the rapid firing of the gunshot. Says tada wave failed.
>
> "SOUND C:\Program Files AmiBroker\Sounds\tada.wavfailed.
(Note: '\'
> in the path must be replaced by '\\')"
>

> Also the Alert Output shows the text as below.
>
> Alert Output
> Ticker       l             Date/Time l Text
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Buy MA20-50
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Sell MACD
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Buy MA20-50
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Sell MACD
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Buy MA20-50
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Sell MACD
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Buy MA20-50
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Sell MACD
> YM   ...       5/18/2005 11:33:00    Buy MA20-50
>

> Does any body else have this problem?? I have the double
backslashes.