Re: [amibroker] Re: Sound Problems AlertIF

I'll add a related possible bug to AlertIF.

I'm pretty sure that, if the particular chart with the alert is not the "active" chart, even if the correct chart pane is open, the alert will not trigger.

Also, I have an RT feed updating every 5 seconds. When the Alert does work, the screen (all 5 charts) show an error condition and are otherwise blank until the next RT update. This is only an annoyance. The first one is serious and I wonder how I can ever get multiple alerts to work if I am right in my conclusion.

Terry

me_rayme wrote:
 Thanks Grover

I have no idea how to prioitize the alerts. I am newbe with afl, but
have a lot of experience with AIQ-EDS language.

I went to AB so I could run several alerts at the same time. In fact
I want at least three alerts to give me a fourth alert when all
three come true in one minute.

Working on  a system so that on one minute, three Futures, ES, ER2
and YM which happen at the same time, such as pivots, MACD etc, may
indicate a Buy or Sell.

Any ideas how I can prioitize the alerts would be welcome. Will do a
search of AB messages.

I hope Thomaz will respond to this bug.

Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Grover Yowell" <gyowell@xxxx>
wrote:

Hello Ray,

I have had similar experiences, more than one under a variety of

conditions.

The common "denominator" which causes the problem is when one

alert triggers

simultaneously with another.  When that occurs it causes AB  to

display the

error message which you quoted stating that you need double back

slashes

(even though you  have double back slashes in your program), and

then the

program gets into a loop and continues to repeat the alert.  The

workaround

which I got in a message from Hermann is to prioritize your alerts

so that

only one can fire at any one time.

Depending on your AFL skills, there have been a number of

interesting

messages about alert sound alternatives.  You can search the AB

messages and

come up with some very good ideas to solve your problem.

Grover

  _____