RE: [amibroker] Re: Sound Problems AlertIF

Hello Ray,

I posted a question to the forum regarding a “Speech interface with Amibroker”  on Jan 25, 2005, and Herman van den Bergen replied on Jan 26 2005 with some very interesting code to  get started on.  I was able to take that as a beginning and make some headway, but a lack of solid AFL programming skills and other priorities caused me to drop it before I finished the project.  Take a look at these messages, Herman is very good and I enjoyed working on the problem.

One limitation of the Alertif function is that you cannot execute an AFL function with it.  Or, at least I don’t know how.

To get away from this limitation, another approach which I briefly looked into was to use a freeware program called Ventrillo which converts text into speech, and Ventrillo  can use text written to the Clipboard for this purpose. Furthermore, AFL has a command Clipboardset(“Text”) which can very nicely deposit text to the clipboard.  So, my vision was to use AFL commentary with the clipboardset command to do alerting in a free form fashion.  Thus you would write your own alerts and not use the alertif function at all.

 Ok, but how much time did I want to allocate  for projects such as this when the real priority is to become a successful trader?  I expect you can surmise the answer I came to.

Hope this helps,

Grover