[amibroker] OT:Re: Technical Vs technofundamental trading

When I try to filter a stock list of over 20,000, technical criteria
alone does not filter much.  I am forced to use fundamental criteria
to reduce the list to single digits, at the same time, enforce my
contrarian strategy.  For eg., using the filter "optionable stocks"
among others (because optionable stocks tend to be "safe" which
actually is the missing link in stocks), I reduce the list
substantially, which makes the resulting list more to my liking.
But, technical criteria has to signal the "go" for making an
investment decision, unless one is of the Buffet types who can
withstand the dd's.
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fgornati" <francogornati@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hey Mark,
> sure, I agree. Imo every 'good' stock should go up eventually but
not
> every stock that's going up may be a 'good' stock. So if I'd want to
> go long I'd choose from the universe of the stocks that are going
up.
> Taking into account the fundamentals may increase the staying
> confidence and the probability to pick a return that's in the queues
> of the distribution. Otherwise, it may be better to adopt a
different trade management, imo.
> Anyway, one has to start from technicals. And often it might be
enough.

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714"
> <quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Franco,
> >
> > Interesting link!  But even if you get the fundamentals right
(which
> > can be incredibly difficult) as the old saying goes -- the market
> can
> > remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
> >
> > Mark
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Franco Gornati
> <francogornati@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Well .. should be said that Enron was the big short of Jim
Chanos
> > just on
> > > the merit of its fundamentals but his analysis was not the of
kind
> > that
> > > can be systemized or backtested and sure one that needs a high
> > level of
> > > expertise.
> > > Here's his testimony to the Full Committee on Energy and
Commerce