[amibroker] Re: Aussie EOD data services??

I use Paritech data.  I get raw data download about 30 minutes after market close, or I can wait until 3 hours after market close and get fully adjusted final data including off-market trades etc.

You can get after-midnight data cheaper, but their EOD data is excellent, and they have a Database Maintenance utility as well, that you run once a week, and that takes care of all historical data changes including consolidations, splits (the things that stuffed up your backtesting) and also adds new stuff like warrants and options, and deletes expired ones.

They are at www.paritech.com.au

I download in Metastock format - I used to be a Metastock user, and also Paritech are the Australian distributors for Metastock.  But AmiBroker reads native Metastock data (even faster than Metastock does) and doesn't alter the original database when you make changes to your charts like drawing studies etc - the original database is treated as read-only by AmiBroker, and chart changes are stored in Ami's own database.  The system works flawlessly, the data downloads are very quick, and you can always update a corrupted historical data set by re-downloading the entire history from Paritech's website using their Data Director module.  Very handy.

Oh yes - I almost forgot to mention - you are allowed 75 downloads per month (and this is flexible if you need more - just call them) so you can keep 2 or 3 systems running in parallel for backup.  I use two.

Hope that info is useful :)

Regards,  NightStalker.