[amibroker] Re: OT: Woodie's System

Hi Fred,

Jeffs document is correct,  I think that to really come to grips
with the CCI one has to watch it real-time in order to get a feel
for its behavior and the entry and exit signals. Reading Jeffs
document is not sufficient. What helped me the most was just
watching the CCI indicator real-time. The CCI is a momentum
indicator when looking at the CCI in real-time you can see the burst
of energy of either the CCI or the Turbo. When you see that you know
there is a more than fifty percent change that your trade will have
follow through. I think that these small visual clues are not taken
into consideration when back testing the CCI in the room we call
these the nuances.

When trading manually/ Discretionary one adjusts to the market
environment, while a canned back tester rigidly performs its
algorithm regardless of market conditions and sometimes producing
unrealistic buy and sell signals and unrealistic profits and losses.

Regards
Guno

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:

> Guno,
>
> Although I would agree that Head & Shoulder or Ghost patterns are
> sometimes difficult to detect by AFL or other similar language, I
> would think indicators like zeroline rejects are relatively easy
> write code for.  The technique as defined in the pdf is pretty
> straighforward.  The problem is when some have written code that
> does in fact identify the pattern it is not particularly
profitable

<gunovanengel@xxxx>

|__________________|_________________|______________________________|

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071381562/qid=1107884848/sr=2