[amibroker] Re: OT: Woodie's System

Guno,

Although I would agree that Head & Shoulder or Ghost patterns are
sometimes difficult to detect by AFL or other similar language, I
would think indicators like zeroline rejects are relatively easy to
write code for.  The technique as defined in the pdf is pretty
straighforward.  The problem is when some have written code that
does in fact identify the pattern it is not particularly profitable
when traded over lots of issues and long periods of time.  So I
guess the question for those like you who have studied the method
and trade it manually is ... Is the description in the pdf
accurate ?  If not then I understand the differences.  If it is then
my conclusion is that on larger testing samples over longer periods
of time it isn't practrical.

Christopher,

As far as backtesting goes ... If one can write a system in AFL one
can backtest it.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gunovanengel" <gunovanengel@xxxx>

|__________________|_________________|______________________________|
> Listening to the sound  |    Listening to mods  |  Paper trading
the
> CCI later
> Filles on woodies site  |      on Hot comm.       |   trading
stocks
> in 5 or 10 lots
>
> It was easy to write the code to see whether CCI is above  or
Below

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071381562/qid=1107884848/sr=2
> > > -1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/104-2232989-6418306
> > >
> > > It took this guy seven years to become a sucessfull trader
> trading
> > > for a living. I took me about 10 months to evolve from a
losing
> > > trader into a profitable trader trading for living using
woodies
> > > system.

> > that

> > > <gunovanengel@xxxx>