Re: [amibroker]OT: General note regarding off topic posts.

Hi Bob,

BJ> Who's nice convention?

Pretty much everyone's; except of course for those who refuse to do
anything that isn't the absolute easiest for them to do, and there
are always those folks among us.

BJ> Top posting which retains just enough of the msg that provoked the reply to
BJ> provide context has many advantages IMO.

The problem, which has been stated so many times that it ought to be
obvious by now is: MULTIPLE REPLIES.  I don't think anyone would make
a serious argument against top posting if you could guarantee that
your reply was the end of the thread.  But of course you can't, and
you can't know how many additions will be tacked on.  So top posting
leads to a mess.

It's a shame IMO that moderation does not take a stand on this. There
is hardly a moderated group of any kind that tolerates top posting.
It's also a shame that some people have to be coerced into
cooperating so that things become easier for all.  But then, as I
stated above.

Yuki