Re: [amibroker] Re: OT:Two DSL Services

wm - as noted in my note, the FCC has approved use of electric lines for broadband.  See http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/15/technology/15power.html?

As mentioned, we no longer need it.

"10 to 100 MB wireless transmission with reception assured by small cigar-shaped antennae was introduced two years ago; it is, naturally, in existence nowhere (except a few small private real-estate developments where the developer is the transmitter and the owners/lessors are the receivers. Why? Because the technology is too good - It has a range of 10 to 20 miles,and too cheap - parts cost about the same, or less than individual home networking devices used now."

wm - Oh, I don't know about not needing it.  Once you leave simple home or limited area-type installations for the "big wide world" things get very expensive.  Ask the Australians who got it recently (maybe they have a market in the boonies).  I'll opt for an electiric line that is competitively priced vis-a-vis DSL, etc.  Anything that is not competitively priced, reflecting $$$ to get things going, etc., will not fly, imo.

Maybe we agree about something....but not this.  How could it be preferable to plug into rusty copper?  when wireless is available that extends 30 miles (beyond the last power pole...or anywhere else)  at the same or less money?  Maybe it's a matter of preference. OK. Let the buyer decide. FCC is not a competent technology Czar, is it?  Look at dial up. Why should they be permitted to stifle wireless in favor of rust?  But they are. Otherwise we would have had the 30 mile wireless last year, not this rust belt relic, Dear Mother.