Re: [amibroker] Re: OT:Two DSL Services

Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: OT:Two DSL Services

wm - as noted in my note, the FCC has approved use of electric lines for broadband.  See http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/15/technology/15power.html?

As mentioned, we no longer need it.

"10 to 100 MB wireless transmission with reception assured by small cigar-shaped antennae was introduced two years ago; it is, naturally, in existence nowhere (except a few small private real-estate developments where the developer is the transmitter and the owners/lessors are the receivers. Why? Because the technology is too good - It has a range of 10 to 20 miles,and too cheap - parts cost about the same, or less than individual home networking devices used now."

wm - Oh, I don't know about not needing it.  Once you leave simple home or limited area-type installations for the "big wide world" things get very expensive.  Ask the Australians who got it recently (maybe they have a market in the boonies).  I'll opt for an electiric line that is competitively priced vis-a-vis DSL, etc.  Anything that is not competitively priced, reflecting $$$ to get things going, etc., will not fly, imo.