[amibroker] Re: Training and/or User Groups

Herman,

You're probably right and on any other day I'd probably think the
same. I guess I'm finding the new backtester learning curve somewhat
daunting and then I started thinking about Tradestation training. I
think they have training sessions rotating through different cities in
the U.S. almost all the time. Since AB is "better" than Tradestation
(IMO), the logical conclusion was that it should have better training.
But I've also heard Tradestation used to be very "AB-like" when it's
creator was responsive and support was good but both started going
downhill when the company started growing.

Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> imho, The most useful to the greatest number of new, current and
future
> users would simply be well-written documentation organized in
chapters by
> specific topic.
>
> The advantage of well-prepared printed/electronic information is
that users
> at all levels of expertise can cut-n-paste examples and work
through the
> material at a time convenient to them, at a place convenient to
them, and at
> a pace convenient to them.
>
> best regards,
> herman

capabilities, has
>   >   there been any thought of "formal" training sessions? I think
I've
>   >   finally climbed most of the learning curve for what I want to
do but

>   >   it wasn't particularly easy and took almost a year. So far I
haven't
>   >   dug into the new (beta) backtester options but I expect the
curve for
>   >   that to be steep also. Meanwhile, Tomasz keeps implementing
new
>   >   features almost faster than people (me at least) can absorb
them.
>   >
>   >   I know the user base is pretty international so it's hard to
know
>   >   where classes should be taught. (And I doubt if Tomasz is
ready to
>   >   start whole new training "divisions" (one for the U.S., one
for
>   >   Europe, Austrailia, etc). Any thoughts?
>   >
>   >   Also, are there any user groups other than one or two I've
seen
>   >   mentioned (one in Dallas and one in California I think)?
>   >
>   >   I'd be willing to travel a reasonable distance to participate
in any
>   >   forum of AB-savvy people.
>   >
>   >   Dan
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   >   http://www.amibroker.com/
>   >
>   >   Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >

>   >
>   >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of
>   Service.
>

>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/