[amibroker] Off Topic - CD-RW drive on WIN 2000

Any one know how to diagnose CD-RW problems?

1. My Rewritable CD is not being read properly. It has 35 mb written on it ... but system says it has zero space left. I have seen this before and re-formatting CD took care of problem.

2. Now, my Roxio DirectCD, CD Formatting utility, says the device is not supported!.

3. My Device Manager says the device is working properly.

Is it a drive going bad?
Is it a software issue?

Anyone experienced this before?

Anyone knows of a good diagnostic utility program ... Norton Utilities finds nothing wrong.  Anyone familiar with PC rescue?

Appreciate your feedback

Ara