Re: [amibroker] Re: OT: calling Eliot Spitzer please

Hi DIMITRIS,

>> DT> Yuki, The last two candles give an obvious picture. To cross
>> DT> 10,900 and go lower, you need V=68,000. [Nov11] To cross
>> 10,900 DT> and go higher, you need V=81,000. [Nov12]

There is one problem with this analysis, a problem you are probably
not aware of.  The second Friday of certain months causes abnormally
large volume, because of what is called SQ (special quotation).
Basically, this is futures and options settlement, which is
determined once all ^225 issues open.  As a result of the SQ, stocks
open with substantially more volume than usual, sometimes enough
volume to give a 25 or 33 percent boost to the entire day's total.
It's even 50 percent of volume (the opening volume is 50 percent of
the day's total) sometimes, although it was not anywhere near that
today.

So, the end result is that today was an SQ day, and therefor the ^225
volume is inflated a bit.  I would guess that since this was not a
"big" month for expirations (Mar Jun Sept and Dec are the big ones)
we are inflated about 15 percent on the volume total today.  But as a
result, it makes the calculation you have made above rather
difficult.

Note: ^225 volume today was up (where the options and futures are
most active) but ^IXJ volume (the larger TOPIX market) was up by a
smaller percentage increase.

Yuki