  >From:
  DIMITRIS
  TSOKAKIS
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 10:59
PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Osaka plugin
  crash loading saved table with > 128 columns (not an AB bug)
  Stephane,An old problem is solved. Tomasz explained
  how GetCategorySymbols work and, with the use of <A
  href="">http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/65623,
  we may have the same results as AddToComposite() gives.Dimitris
  Tsokakis--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Stephane Carrasset" <<A
  href="">s.carrasset@x...> wrote:> hello,
  you're right ami crashes if nb colums are > 128,> but as osaka gives
  the source code, it is possible to increase the number of colum, this
  plugin allows until 256 colums> > stephane>
  ----- Original Message ----- >   From: Dave Merrill
  >   To: AmiBroker list >   Sent: Saturday,
  June 19, 2004 5:10 PM>   Subject: [amibroker] Osaka plugin
  crash loading saved table with > 128 columns (not an AB bug)>
  > >   I'm posting this here because I don't know how
  to contact Joe Osaka, the>   author of the Osaka plugin.
  If anyone does, please pass this along to him.>   Osaka
  seems like a great tool, and a fix for this would be great.>
  >   Since I'm posting this publicly, I'd also like to make
  sure nobody thinks of>   this as a bug in AmiBroker. It's
  clearly a bug in Osaka, an *uncertified*,>
  *third-party* *plugin* for AB, not a problem with AB itself.>
  >   -----> >   The Osaka release
  notes say that version 1.0.4 added the capacity for an>
  unlimited number of columns; previously there was a limit of 128.
  However,>   it appears that loading a saved table with
  more than 128 columns crashes.> >   The code below
  should be explored against a smallish watchlist, say
  20>   symbols. It creates and saves a table while the first
  stock is being>   processed, and instead of recreating it
  for subsequent stocks, loads it from>   disk. The idea is
  that if lots of processing was required to create the>
  table (unlike this simple test), it'd only have to be done once for
  the>   whole test run.> >   In my
  testing, if NumberOfTestColumns is more than 128, it's crash city.
  If>   you comment out the osTabLoad (and the 'else' before
  it), there's no crash>   with higher numbers of columns,
  but you can see in the exploration results>   that the
  table has no columns after the first stock, since none were added.>
  >   If anyone gets different results than this, or knows of a
  later Osaka>   release that fixes this problem, please
  let me know. I'm using Osaka 1.0.4,>   AB 4.57.0 beta,
  Windows 2000.> >   Dave Merrill>
  >   ----------------------> >   //
  CONFIG>   ListNum = 30; // watchlist to examine; must be list
  under test>   NumberOfTestColumns = 128; // more than 128
  crashes> >   // FUNCTIONS>   function
  fListLen(List) {>         i =
  0;>
  while(StrExtract(List, i) != "")
  i++;>         return
  i;>   }> >   //
  init>   TickerList = GetCategorySymbols(categoryWatchlist,
  ListNum);>   CountTickers =
  fListLen(TickerList);>   StockNum =
  Status("StockNum");>   FirstStock = (StockNum == 0);>
  >   // init table, make col for ea bar in
  test>   osInitialize();>   table =
  osTabCreate();>   if(FirstStock)
  {>         for(i = 1; i <=
  NumberOfTestColumns; i++)
  {>
  osTabAddColumn("test" + i, 1,
  table);>
  }>
  {>
  >   ColCount = osTabGetColumnCount(table);>
  >   Filter = Status("LastBarInTest");;>
  AddColumn(ColCount, "ColCount", 1.0);>   AddColumn(StockNum,
  "StockNum", 1.0);>   AddColumn(CountTickers, "CountTickers",
  1.0);>   AddColumn(table, "table", 1.0);>
  >   // clean up>
  osTabDelete(table);> > > >   Check
  AmiBroker web page at:>   <A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/>