[amibroker] Re: The AB Fib Time tool could be better

<BLOCKQUOTE

  ----- Original Message -----
  <DIV
  >From:
  Ken Close
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 5:12
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Fib
  solutions vs the tough market decisions

  The Dynamic Trader program will also allow you to plot/extend fib
  timeratios (something I asked TJ for over two years ago---but I am not
  soanxious anymore).  With this, you can plot various fib
  retracementratios from various pivot points in the past. You can
  superimpose fibtime ratios.  This allows you to draw a "box" (price
  retracement levelsform horizontal parts of the box, while time ratios form
  the verticalsides of the box) which is supposed to represent a very high
  probability"zone" (time and price) for a tradeable reversal.
  Wavemechanic hereuses DT (I believe) and perhaps could comment.
  Yes, DT will handle all Fibonacci
  stuff.
  After all that, I
  agree with a hesitation, and do not know how toconsistently make these
  kinds of trades.  Others, however, can and do.Have a nice
  day.KenPS: I imagine your creative programming talents still
  do not enable youto program fib time lines.....?????
  :-(-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 2:18 PMTo:
  <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [amibroker] Re: Fib solutions vs the tough market decisionsKen,I
  didn't explain the usual Fib pattern since it is easily available.The
  question is the same : Why not 0.382, why not 0.500, why yes the 0.618. If
  you have already two Long positions at 0.382 AND 0.50, would you keep on
  buying the 0.618 ? The bad news is that there is NO priority rule, all
  levels are equally probable [this is the wrong use of the statistics,
  0.382 WAS perfect 3 months ago but 1.61 WAS true gold 9 months ago etc
  etc].Note also that we speak for emotional trading in front of 0.618 [with
  0.382 AND 0.50 already false]. Is this 0.618 the only emotional factor
  this specific day? Certainly not. Some INTC would announce results
  [loosing -2.5% one h before the announcement...], some OPEC meeting is
  ready to decide, your cash flow is not in the best condition etc. I hope
  you know the situation and you will probably agree with my
  hesitations.Dimitris Tsokakis--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken
  Close" <closeks@x...> wrote:>
  Dimitris:> >  > > Hello:  thanks for
  this unique code, innovative and interesting as is> most of your
  postings.> >  > > I am not criticizing your
  observations but I would make my own> observation that the reversal at
  D in your diagram is almost exactly at> the 0.618 retracement of
  the STRAIGHT support fib lines drawn from a> bottom at you're a to the
  top at C.  This does not in any way invalidate> your
  observations, and I myself would not make a buy on the day a bar>
  hits one of the fib ratios, but would it be possibly true that hitting
  a> more traditional "STRAIGHT" support fib retracement ratio could
  be> considered a SETUP and then if the next x bars (say three) are up,
  or a> very short EMA of price turns up, then that could be
  confirmation and> one could enter then with more confidence??
  Is it not a possibility?> Further, the weekly chart shows that the
  very same low is 38.2% fib> retracement from the low on 5/2/2003 to the
  same "C" top on 4/15/2004.> I believe it is "common" knowledge
  among those who use these setups that> the probabilities are higher
  when different time frame reversals occur> at common fib
  retracement levels.> >  > > Thanks again for
  your innovative coding.> >  > > Ken>
  >  > > -----Original Message-----> From:
  Dimitris Tsokakis [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxx] > Sent: Saturday, June 12,
  2004 11:58 AM> To: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [amibroker] Fib solutions vs the tough market decisions>
  >  > > Many [and potential] foreign traders
  preferred the TokyoSE the last> months.> > After a
  prolonged uptrend, the big boys [not the crowd !!] decided to>
  apply severe pressure [C]> > The index was loosing -2% or -3% or
  -5% without any serious resistance.> > The tough question
  was the magnitude of the correction.> > Fibonacci buyers failed
  at all known levels.> > Although my innovative research was not
  posted this period, Oblique Fib> traders would also fail >
  > to catch the proper Buy level.> > This failure sounds
  somehow descriptive now but it could cost a lot of> money,
  because> > 1. 0.382 [negative]> > 2. 0.500
  [negative again]> > 3. 0.618 [the great secret for many silent
  traders, but, negative again]> > 4. 0.786 [many traders
  leave "the others" buy at 0.618 and come and buy> everything at the
  tricky 0.786 but, the market is negative again]> > 5. 1.000
  [Well, there is no doubt we still have a bullish environment,> the
  market will react at this level, but, negative again]> > 6.
  1.618[the situation is serious now, buy at this level is
  equivalent> to a bank guarantee etc etc]> > This is
  the most tragic case, IMO. These buyers still wait, the market>
  ignored their intension, the market> > was not interested for
  the color of their money, if they still want to> buy let us take
  now a +2% and a +2.4% > > and, if they forget these Fib stories,
  let them buy +5% higher. If they> do not agree, they will pay
  another +5%> > 3 days later, it is a free market, they may buy
  whenever they want !!> > Since it is a real story and
  not a trade-fiction, I think I will never> place an order at any
  Fib level, horizontal> > or [the new] oblique.> >
  Dimitris Tsokakis> >  > >  >
  href='"http://www.amibroker.com/'>http://www.amibroker.com/"http://www.amibroker.com/>
  href='"http://'>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html"http://grou>
  ps.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html > > >
  > > ADVERTISEMENT> HYPERLINK> "<A
  href="">http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129900pdd/M=285832.4915498.6053011.1269404/>
  D=groups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1087142265/A=2105440/R=0/SIG=14dpdlr1u/*htt>
  p:/www.householdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt>
  =000&mc=01PSYAYA004001B220000U0300L0010000000000&dest=HOME_PAGE"click>
  here> > >  HYPERLINK> "<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=285832.4915498.6053011.1269404/D=group>
  s/S=:HM/A=2105440/rand=105087720"> >  >
  >    _____  > > Yahoo! Groups
  Links> > * To visit your group on the web, go to:>
  HYPERLINK> "<A
  href='"http://groups.yahoo.com/gr'>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/>
  amibroker/>   > * To unsubscribe from this group, send
  an email to:> HYPERLINK> "<A
  href="">mailto:amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe"amibro>
  <A
  href="">ker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the HYPERLINK> "<A
  href='"Yahoo'>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/"Yahoo!
  Terms of Service. > > > ---> Incoming mail is
  certified Virus Free.> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).> Version:
  6.0.692 / Virus Database: 453 - Release Date: 5/28/2004> >
  Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).> Version:
  6.0.692 / Virus Database: 453 - Release Date:
  5/28/2004Check AmiBroker web page at:<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/Check
  group FAQ at:<A
  Yahoo! Groups Links ---Incoming mail is
  certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.692
  / Virus Database: 453 - Release Date:
  Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.692
  / Virus Database: 453 - Release Date:
  5/28/2004 ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
  Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads.
  Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!<A
  href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
  Check AmiBroker web page at:<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/Check
  group FAQ at: <A
  Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
  to:     <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/<*>
  <A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<*>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/