[amibroker] Re: Fib solutions vs the tough market decisions

Bill,
when we use Fib lines [horizontal or oblique] we expect some accuracy
for both time/price.
The crowd is no way responsible for the main market pivots, the crowd
usually follows two or more days later.
Do not tell me that the crowd shorted CSCO on Jan20, 2004 and decided
to push CSCO for the next 4 months. The crowd was buying every moving
CSCO share the very previous bar [Friday, Jan16]at any price [even
above +7% !!!] and the crowd is the 91M shares. I doubt if anybody
remembers the reason for this crazy "BUY" day.[N100 80% advissues !!]
The crowd began to "smell" the bearish odour 8 bars later. The first
7 bars of the decline Vol is low to moderate and began to increase
after the 8th bar.
It is the potential traders who turn the market, not the crowd.
And these traders have a clear perception of the recent trend.
So, if it is to speak for ACCURATE Fib relations, let us forget the
crowd and their psychology, they [we] always act with a
characteristic delay.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <wd78@xxxx> wrote:
> DT:
>
> You say that "... oblique lines offer a more realistic approach to
Fib relations ... Fib lines should not be static, if they express any
psychological reactions, they should follow the trend."  It is not
obvious to me that either statement describes the reality.  As Ara
notes, the crowd controls and Fibonacci and Gann retracement targets
are often found to be important.  It is hard to imagine that the
crowd can keep track of trends in their collective head with
sufficient accuracy, as opposed to a relatively simple pivot level.
Beyond that, it has been argued that retracements from pivots are
consistent with the "natural order of things" as expressed by the
Fibonacci series and logarithmic growth.  Given this to utilize a
trend versus a pivot one would have to figure out how successful
pivotal retracement techniques can morph into a retracement that
follows a trend and converges with pivotal targets.  If that is true,
it will certainly take a significant effort to verify.