RE: [amibroker] Re: Metastock vs Amibroker

Hi Michael,

MR> Yuki & TJ,

MR> Having good success with BenQ 767 17" LCD.

MR> Brightness is certainly far greater than any laptop I've seen, if that is
MR> any help.

MR> It is also brighter than my AOC K 17" flat screen CRT.

Perhaps I'll take a look; those are available here in Tokyo, too.  I
cannot stand to look at a laptop display for very long without
getting tremendous eye fatigue.  One problem is simply that my eyes
are not as powerful as they were years ago. (I had the equivalent of
about 20-15 vision as a young woman, which is supposedly an acuity
found in only about 1 out of 100,000 people.)  But apparently
*everyone* with vision that sharp needs reading glasses once they
reach a (ahem) certain (/ahem) age. And sadly, those kinds of eyes
seem to deteriorate faster as we get older than people who are
nearsighted at an early age and have to get glasses in primary
school. I have reading glasses -- (my eyes are fine, my arms just are
not long enough) -- and simple magnifiers that I use for the
computer.  I don't need glasses except in those two cases . . . for
now.  It just killed me to need to put on glasses for the computer.
It started about 4 years ago.

So, I like bright, and sharp, and fully saturated.  Put "very" in
front of all of those adjectives.  I will admit my experience with
laptops, which is getting a bit dated now, has soured me on looking
at flat panels.  They get cheaper and better all the time I know, but
I've still heard that they can't touch a good CRT yet.

Bottom line for now is that Mitsubishi is willing to send out a brand
new monitor and have me try it.  I told them it has to be 1) new, not
refurbished, and 2) perfect, or back it goes.  We'll see how it goes
on Monday when the new one arrives.  If it is perfect, I'll probably
keep it.  Easy and cheap.  But if not, I may give up on CRTs and try
FPs.  I know I'll have to pay up for an FP though.  I simply don't
want any ghosting, period -- I do digital video, too.

Yuki