[amibroker] Re: Metastock vs Amibroker

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dave,
> On March21, 2004 you were using MS "for about 3 months... "
> [http://www.purebytes.com/archives/metastock/2004/msg01586.html]
> On March24, 2004 it became a "for about 6 months... "
> Just curious, how did you do it in 3 single days???
> Dimitris Tsokakis

Hello Dimitris,

sorry for the confusion...I actually purchased Metastock 8.01 in
September of 2003 but at the time I was using an Excel-based charting
program (Strategem)... it wasn't untill late December that I finally
had some time to sit down and learn the Metastock Formula Language
and use of the Explorations to run some simple stock and mutual fund
screens.... Recently, I decided that it was time to backtest some of
my simple trading ideas and I ran into problems using the System
Tester... I thought it was a usage problem on my end so I decided to
check out various Metastock discussion sites to pick up some tips on
effectively using the backtesting program... that's when I learned
about the problems and negative comments that many users were having
regarding the Enhanced System Tester and its reliability to
simulate "real" trading conditions for a portfolio of screened
stocks. Several hardcore Metastock users suggested TradeSim for
backtesting purposes, and other users suggested AmiBroker...
Therefore, before I consider buying Amibroker, and learning another
system and formula language, I thought it would be prudent to ask for
comments from the users of AmiBroker....

Dave
Lansing, Michigan
USA

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511