Re: MetaStock 9.0 was: [amibroker] AmiBroker list volumes.

FWIW,
i just purchased two new LG700S 17" monitors and both had horrible
distorted colors & displays at first power up, at only CAN $149 each I
expected more ;-)
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Pressing the Degauss button (menu item) turned them both into
crystal clear well-aligned displays.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Also,
Degaussing does not always take place at power up. I am using some really
old (probably 5yrs+) viewsonic monitors that I have degaussed periodically,
probably over a hundred times over the years; no harmfull side effects
noticable. If they install a front panel button to push don't expect your
monitor to blow up when pushing it :-) be brave and try pushing! Just remember
you are a fearless trader!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jayson
  [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 12:31
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  OT: monitor queryImportance: High
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Ron,
  The
  simple act of turning the power switch on on your monitor degausses the CRT
  automatically. This was a problem years ago but today, unless you have somehow
  managed to place a non magnetically shielded speaker (e-gads!!) next to your
  monitor, it should not be an issue.

  Regards,
  Jayson
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 10:47
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  OT: monitor query
  This Degaussing only needs to
  be done on CRT's, correct?  Would it help to have my Viewsonic CRT
  degaussed?.  Where to I take it to have this done, a TV repair
  shop?  TIA  Ron D
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr