class=437013117-23032004>d

  From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
  [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 8:41
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  CSI/UA data to AB (2 methods)

  Thanks Chuck for pointing this out.  To your point in previous
  posts, you'd mentioned handling this via watchlists.  I've been doing
  this thanks to b's help, and it's working splendidly.

  In terms of a follow-up on CSI's support, Rudi did contact me, and sent
  me a fix for the EAccess error.  Now that everything is working, it is
  pretty sweet having the data locally stored in AB.

  Kudos to Chuck who has always preached, and validated with stats, the
  importance of comprehensive historical data.  I'm certain these efforts
  I'm making are certainly worth it.

  Regards,
  Gary

  Chuck Rademacher <chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq

    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>b,
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Thanks for taking the time to document how this all
    works.   I'm glad that someone has the
    patience!
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    One
    note though....
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    see a problem with the technique you are using.   You are letting
    the foreign and preferred stocks into your trading logic.  It's all
    well and good to ignore them, but they are using up position
    numbers.   Let's say you want to trade ten stocks, but two of them
    are Canadian stocks.   You will only be trading eight
    stocks.   It's a minor point, but I prefer to filter them out
    BEFORE they get into my trading logic rather than ignore them from my
    "orders list".   It's certainly easy enough to
    do.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Just my thoughts on the subject.   I'm sure enjoying the
    new CSI export to AB.  It saves me about three hours a
    day!
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <BLOCKQUOTE

      <FONT face="Times New Roman"
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: b
      [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 3:16
      PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
      CSI/UA data to AB (2 methods)TJ is right. The new
      "distribution" (ie, export) featurebuilt into CSI's UA 2.7.8 is very
      fast.Here is a quick outline of how to set it up. I will
      explain2 methods - I use both.Method One: Create a Trading
      Database1. Open AB and create a NEW database and call
      it"csiTRADING". There is no need to specify any plug-in.2.
      Open CSI's UA (CSI's Unfair Advantage). Click on thePreferences menu
      and then click on "Distribution 3" (theone for AB). Select the
      settings you want. For examplecheck the box for - Export all
      stocks to Amibrokerset the number of days to export. Usually I00
      days is morethan I need, but the export of 300 days is also fast
      (lessthan 15 minutes on my computer) so that is what I tend
      touse.  uncheck the box for - "Include Delisted
      Stocks..." Thatwill exclude all the inactive stocks. Remember, this
      fisrtdatabase is just for trading so inactives or delistedstocks
      are not needed. check the box - "Export history with next
      download". Besure to check this if this is your first export to the
      ABdatabase. If you download CSI data daily, this does notneed to
      be check. However, if you skipped a day, or if youdownloaded the data
      but did not have AB open at the time,then it would be best to "check"
      the box. Note: this will export "all" active stocks to AB
      includingstocks from the the 3 US exchanges (NYSE, AMEX,
      NASDAQ)plus two Canadian (TORONO and VANCOUVER) and one
      European(LONDON). Stocks from the foreign exchanges are
      identifiedby the addition of "-T", "-V", "-L". Also there are
      somepreferred stocks which are identified by "+A" etc. I do
      not know of any way to stop CSI's UA from exportingthese foreign and
      preferred stocks, but it is no bigproblem. I just have use AB's
      exploration print a list ofstock picks and I ignore the ones with
      suffixes.Method Two - Creating a Research Database1. Open
      AB and create a new database called "csiRESEARCH"or whatever name you
      want.2. Open CSI's UA and set the number of days to 2,500
      (about10 years worth of data). If you paid CSI for additionaldata
      (about 20$/year) then add about 250 days for eachadditional year.
      Exporting 13 years of data for active andinactive stocks takes over a
      hour on my computer, so I onlycreate a Research database once a month
      or so.3. Check the box to "Include Delisted Stocks, add Csinum
      toSymbols". This is very important because this will give youtwice
      as many stocks and thus more trustworth back testresults.4.
      Check the box "Export history with next download". Note: You do
      not have to wait for the next download to dothis export. You can force
      UA to do the export at any timefrom the Menu: Database/Manual Database
      Distribute.Note: The foreign and preferred stocks are a bit of
      aproblem for back testing. My solution is use some
      watchlistcreation AFL code to put them into a special group
      orwatchlist and then just exclude that watchlist or groupwhen
      doing AA
      backtests.b__________________________________Do
      you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on
      time.<A
      href="">http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.htmlSend
      <A
      group FAQ at: <A
      Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
      SUGGESTIONS to
      <A
      group FAQ at: <A

  Do you Yahoo!?<A
  href="">Yahoo! Finance Tax Center
  - File online. File on time. Send BUG REPORTS to