RE: [amibroker] Can anyone help me Sort this out....

Dimitris / WaveMechanic,

If the length of the CMA is n then

The CMA can only be calculated up to n/2 bars ago after which it must
be extrapolated via some technique.

So for example if one wanted to plot a 250 bar CMA showing the
history of where it had been at time of original calculation then one
would need to,

- At bar 375 calculate the CMA for bars 1 through 250 and extrapolate
for bars 251 through 375.  This would provide the initial 250
plottable points.

- At bar 376 calculate the CMA for bars 2 through 251 and extrapolate
for bars 252 through 376. this should add one and only one additional
plottable point i.e. the one at bar 376.

- This process could then continue up through the current bar.

Someone made mention of Jan Arps Sigma Bands code for TradeStation
which although available for usage in TS is not viewable.  It does
however provide the capabilty of showing both the historical past
datapoints as originally calculated as well as the current picture.
The only similarity between these would be the CMA for the cureent
and any future bar.

See his description here ... http://www.janarps.com/SigmaBands.htm