[amibroker] Do not use OLD betas ! Use current, stable OFFICIAL version 4.50

Hi Herman,

Hv> Suppose your Portfolio trading system gives you 100% over the
Hv> last year, how does one determine how good this is considering
Hv> that many stocks went up that much? Are there any stats that deal
Hv> with this comparison?   thanks for any suggestions, herman.

IMO, if you can't beat B&H, why subject yourself to the emotional
stress of trading?  That said, I did not beat B&H last year for sure.
However, on a risk-adjusted basis I walloped B&H -- but on an
absolute basis, B&H beat me like a red-headed step child. Regardless,
I'm not complaining one little bit.  ^_-

The answer to your question, in my mind, is at least twofold: 1) one
year is not enough to determine the "goodness" of a system -- not
enough at all unless, by gosh and golly, it *did* beat B&H during
that year, and B&H had a great year, and 2) if your portfolio trading
system DID return 100 percent last year, why in hell (excusez-moi,
mais la langue française est partout de nos jours) would you care one
little Tootsie Pop about anyone's subjective opinion about the
"goodness", or otherwise, of your system?

If you have to ask if 100 percent is any good, you in da wrong biz,
boy!

^^_^^

Yuki

P.S. Many stocks did NOT go up that much, too.  The major averages
didn't come even near that number.  You did 100 percent?  You da man,
sorry.  ^_-