[amibroker] Re: PositionScore Ideas

Al,

My favorite is the QP2 QRS value (GetExtraData("QRS"). The QP2 QRS
value is supposed to be a 'knockoff' of the IBD RS ranking score.

I almost always get a significant boost using this ranking figure as
as the positionscore.

If you do not have QP2, but have any ideas about how to do your own RS
Rank calculation, I'd be happy to run some comparisons for you (or
anyone else) to measure your calculated RS Rank against QP2's QRS rank.

Cheers,

Phsst
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I've been experimenting with variuos short term trading systems
lately (average trade durations of about 2.5 days), and I was looking
for ideas on how best to rank a watchlist to get the best candidates
for portfolio trading a basket of 4 stocks. I was wondering if anyone
would care to share any ideas on how you use the PositionScore
function to rank your candidate list (using regular mode, not
rotational mode). I've tried combinations of turnover and volatility,
but I'd like to try other ideas. I'm not asking anyone to give away
any secrets, and, yes, I am aware of TJ's example in the help file
(PositionScore = 100 -RSI());), but I was just looking for more ideas.
I'm not even sure if this question is too vague or not. If it is, I'm
sure you'll tell me. TIA.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511