RE: [amibroker] Re: PositionScore Ideas

<SPAN
class=005514217-13122003>I don't think QRS is continuously tracked; only the
most recent value is there for historical data. Backtests with it would be
misleading.
<SPAN
class=005514217-13122003>
<SPAN
class=005514217-13122003>I've recently tried a long period ADX, like ADX(55).
It's not in itself a trading signal at all, but given a choice between several
stocks all of which have some other strong buy or short signal, this tries to
favor ones that tend to trend.
<SPAN
class=005514217-13122003>
<SPAN
class=005514217-13122003>Just an idea I've been playing
with...
<SPAN
class=005514217-13122003>
<SPAN
class=005514217-13122003>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>My
  favorite is the QP2 QRS value (GetExtraData("QRS"). The QP2 QRSvalue is
  supposed to be a 'knockoff' of the IBD RS ranking score.I almost
  always get a significant boost using this ranking figure asas the
  positionscore.If you do not have QP2, but have any ideas about how to
  do your own RSRank calculation, I'd be happy to run some comparisons for
  you (oranyone else) to measure your calculated RS Rank against QP2's QRS
  rank.Cheers,Phsst--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al
  Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:> Hi, all:> > I've
  been experimenting with variuos short term trading systemslately (average
  trade durations of about 2.5 days), and I was lookingfor ideas on how best
  to rank a watchlist to get the best candidatesfor portfolio trading a
  basket of 4 stocks. I was wondering if anyonewould care to share any ideas
  on how you use the PositionScorefunction to rank your candidate list
  (using regular mode, notrotational mode). I've tried combinations of
  turnover and volatility,but I'd like to try other ideas. I'm not asking
  anyone to give awayany secrets, and, yes, I am aware of TJ's example in
  the help file(PositionScore = 100 -RSI());), but I was just looking for
  more ideas.I'm not even sure if this question is too vague or not. If it
  is, I'msure you'll tell me. TIA.> > Al Venosa>
  advenosa@xxxx> > > ---> Outgoing mail is certified
  Virus Free.> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).> Version:
  6.0.543 / Virus Database: 337 - Release Date: 11/21/2003Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.