[amibroker] RE: Import Industry Assignments

<SPAN lang=EN-US
>Hello
All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>
<SPAN lang=EN-US

<SPAN lang=EN-US
>Possibly
Graham might be best to reply to this.

<SPAN lang=EN-US

<SPAN lang=EN-US
am on the Sunshine Coast, Australia.
I have been using Amibroker for a couple of years.<SPAN
>  My database is a mess but I get by with
F3 and watch lists.  Clearly I am
not using it as I should.  The
problem may have started on Day 1 when I used Import Wizard and everything went
to Group 255.  Since then I have
attempted to construct some semblance of organisation manually by renaming
Groups and Sectors but I am unsure of what to do after the S&P change (which
I found painful when the previous sector quotes disappeared).

<SPAN lang=EN-US

<SPAN lang=EN-US
am about to go to 4.50 and would like to be more oraganised and have a better
understanding.
<SPAN lang=EN-US

<SPAN lang=EN-US
followed what haveyhp did and the suggestions in Newsletter 04/2000 with no
avail.  Industry.js ran but stumbled
over each line.  The industry text
data I used was :
<SPAN lang=EN-US

<P class=MsoNormal
><SPAN
>AAC,Australian
Agricultural Company Ltd,Misc Industrials,224
<P class=MsoNormal
><SPAN
><SPAN
> AAI,Alcoa Inc (USA CUFS),Divers
Industrls,231
<P class=MsoNormal
><SPAN
><SPAN
> AAR,Anglo Australian Resources
NL,Gold,12
<P class=MsoNormal
><SPAN
><SPAN
> AAT,Autron Corporation
Ltd,Telecommunicatns,183
<SPAN lang=EN-GB
>etc.
<SPAN lang=EN-GB

<SPAN lang=EN-GB
>This differs from Thomasz’
data in that it contains three commas (i.e. 4 fields) instead of three and the
digit field requires up to 3
<SPAN lang=EN-GB

<SPAN lang=EN-GB
>Thomasz’ sample
:
<SPAN lang=EN-GB

<SPAN
>BWA,BANK
OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA LIMITED,3
<SPAN

<SPAN
>So,
probably no wonder it rejected every line.
<SPAN

<SPAN
>Any
suggestions both on Industry.js and probably clearing out my manual
assignments?<SPAN

<SPAN lang=EN-GB

Regards,Ross Queensland,
Australia