RE: [amibroker] Import Industry Assignments

Graham,
Many thanks for your further advice.  Below is the file
"Industries.js" as downloaded from the link on the last line of
Newsletter 04-2000.  Would you be kind enough to look over this
script to see if anything needs to be changed?  I have named my file
"industry_data.txt" exactly as in the example.  Both files
are in a sub-folder within the AB folder.
Following your message I have tried adding a line:
var filename = "industry_data.txt"
once before the line that starts "/* change this line . . . ",
and another time following "var Stock;", to no avail.  I
can find nothing in the archive that indicates a problem.  I have
checked my data file (again) for formatting errors, but first I have to
get this script to find the file.
Thanks again,
HHP
/*
** AmiBroker/Win32 scripting Example
**
** File:
Industries.js
** Created:  Tomasz Janeczko, November 26th, 2000
** Last updated: Tomasz Janeczko, December 17th, 2000
** Purpose:  Import industy assignments
** Language:     _javascript_ (Windows
Scripting Host)
**
** The data is stored in lines with following format
**
*/
WScript.Echo( "Script Started" );
/* change this line according to your data file name */
ImportStocks("industry_data.txt");
WScript.Echo( "Finished" );

function ImportStocks( filename )
{
        var fso,
f, r;
        var
ForReading = 1;
        var
AmiBroker;
        var
fields;
        var
stock;

        /* Create
AmiBroker app object */
        AmiBroker
= new ActiveXObject( "Broker.Application" );
        /* ... and
file system object */
        fso = new
ActiveXObject( "Scripting.FileSystemObject" );
        /* open
ASCII file */
        f =
fso.OpenTextFile( filename, ForReading);
        i =
1;
        /* read
the file line by line */
        while (
!f.AtEndOfStream )
        {
=  f.ReadLine();

                /*
split the lines using comma as a separator */
                fields
= r.split(",");

                try
                {

                        /*
add a ticker - this is safe operation, in case
that   */
                        /*
ticker already exists, AmiBroker returns existing one */
                        stock
= AmiBroker.Stocks.Add( fields[ 0 ] );

                        stock.FullName
= fields[ 1 ];
                        stock.IndustryID
= parseInt( fields[ 2 ] );
                }
                catch(
e )
                {
                                WScript.echo(
"There is a problem in line no." + i + ".\nThe line looks
as follows:\n'" + r + "'\nIt will be skipped and next lines
will be processed as normal" );
                }

                i++;
        }