getting same results...was Re: [amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: getting same results...was Re: [amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve
  • From: "john gibb" <jgibb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:39:47 -0800

Hi Paul,

As you will see in the attached Excel file there
are a significant number of discrepancies in our trades. (a red x marks both
date and Open price discrepancies).

Also, your Trade List includes the column Position
Size; mine does not. What version of Amibroker are you using?

I then downloaded free Esignal historical data for
the QQQs as a potential benchmark source and marked, again with a red x
Open price discrepancies. (Interestingly, Yahoo doesn't have data for
9/11/2001)  (See attached)

So there is quite a bit of work to come up with a
clean QQQ database on which to test.

In an effort to get the same results, our next
step might simply be declaring Yahoo, Esignal, or
??? as our 'best' data source and we both test using it--without regard to
data errors.

What do you think?

-john