RE: getting same results...was Re: [amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

<FONT
size=2>John
<FONT
size=2>    I use Quotes plus data.  I have attached a spread
sheet adding the QP open prices and diff between Yahoo and E-Signal.  QP
stores some of these quotes as fractions.  And the problem may be
rounding errors.  As for the AB version I am using the most recent Beta
version.  You will see on the spread sheet that I have used red "Y" for
diff between Yahoo and QP and red "E" for diff between E-Signal and QP.
Maybe Dimitris can let us know where his data comes
from.  I downloaded Yahoo data for the QQQ and ran the scan.  I did it
twice.  Once using a round lot size of 100 and the next allowing for
fractions of a share.  It seems that my entry and exit times are
different with Yahoo data and they don't seem to be the same as yours.  You
will also notice that when I changed the round lot size the system went from
199% to 282%.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Paul
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>

-----Original Message-----From: john
gibb [mailto:jgibb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: 25 November 2003
16:38To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: getting same
results...was Re: [amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For
Steve

  Hi Paul,

  As you will see in the attached Excel file there
  are a significant number of discrepancies in our trades. (a red x marks both
  date and Open price discrepancies).

  Also, your Trade List includes the column
  Position Size; mine does not. What version of Amibroker are you
  using?

  I then downloaded free Esignal historical data
  for the QQQs as a potential benchmark source and marked, again with a red
  x Open price discrepancies. (Interestingly, Yahoo doesn't have data for
  9/11/2001)  (See attached)

  So there is quite a bit of work to come up with a
  clean QQQ database on which to test.

  In an effort to get the same results, our
  next step might simply be declaring Yahoo,
  Esignal, or ??? as our 'best' data source and we both test using
  it--without regard to data errors.

  What do you think?

  -john