[amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

Steve,

I guess the point is that some, rightly or wrongly, assume you've
already done this.  If that's the case what kind of results have you
gotten (CAR, MDD, UI) OOS ?  Maybe I'm nuts but to me a Stochastic
RSI, whether it's coupled with a trend indicator or stops of a
variety of types etc. is well INSIDE the box.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dave,
>
> No problem....I'd suggest that you mix and match stops, trend
identifiers and triggers.  I not suggesting that you over-optimize (a
rather tired and elusive topic on this forum), but, please think
outside the box.  The important point is:  there are certain momentum
oscillators that time you into trend retracements that are very
accurate.  Pick one.

> Then, decide on some type of trend identification.  Only take
trades in that direction.

> Then, conjure a stop strategy...to protect your position and
pocketbook.

> And finally, use something other than a momentum oscillator to time
you out.  Momentum Oscillators will never capture a good move,
running in the direction of the trend, without leaving a lot
of "cheese" on the table.

> I think you can see that this is a bit different that just buying
and selling at the trigger levels.  The StoRSI has, and will always,
be a very decent timing device to position you into trend
retracements.

> Take care,
>
> Steve
Steve

>   out of sample. data not used to design or optimize the system.
>
>   dave
>     Steve, just what is OOS? Please spell it out for me.
>     thanks
>     nand
>
>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx