[amibroker] Re: FW: [RT] Next Week Nikkei

Yuki,
The situation is explained at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/52202
This is the T/A H&S and this is the Nikkei.
If you try to apply T/A H&S to this [interesting] period, you will
crash both sides.
[We can not easily speak for the direction of the market, things were
changing without our permission.]
Do not confuse the T/A H&S with your magnificent way of trading.
The recent H&S was an inspiration for you, it is only a T/A fact for
the rest [poor T/A followers] of us.
I hope it is clear now.
Dimitris Tsokakis

<francogornati@xxxx>
> DT> wrote:

T/A
> DT> pocket
> >>
> >> Almost every TA text describes Yuki's trading approach to H&S.
It's
> DT> usually labeled as 'aggressive trader' approach to H&S. Then
there
> DT> is 'sure thing trader' approach and even 'late comer' approach.
> >> Surely it can't be mechanized in a simple rule that, btw, it's
> DT> known to be non-effective.
> >> --
> >> Franco
>
> DT> Franko,
> DT> The "aggressive trader" approach, if we speak for the [weak]
H&S
> DT> formations, is statistically wrong [if not catastrophic].
>
> I really don't understand all the static I'm getting on this.  Let
me
> refresh your memory:
>
> 1) I anticipated a right shoulder formation.  This is NOT to say
that
> I anticipated it would end up being a valid H&S, and that it
> signalled a sure top, but that I anticipated the possibility of
such.
> For God's sake, if I had anticipated the whole thing, I would be
> laughing to death today, raking in HUGE short profits from positions
> I put on Friday, or from the positions I covered Tuesday that in
> retrospect were a mistake. I DID NOT RE-SHORT Friday. I was flat.
> Shame on me, but I expected just a bit more trouble with the
neckline
> than we got.
>
> 2) Moreover, I traded IN THE DIRECTION OF THE MAIN TREND, as the
> right shoulder formed at first.  Then, I took profits.  Then I
WAITED
> as the formation rolled over, and entered shorts last Monday on
> signals.
>
> Catastrophic?  Okay.  ^^_^^
>
> DT> The same H&S pattern, with the same per=3, occurred many times
in the
> DT> past history of the same ^N225, but, unfortunately, without the
same
> DT> results, even when they were fully formatted. If you examine
the not-
> DT> yet-H&S, then you will crash again and again with the almost-
always-
> DT> tricky last leg.
>
> When you see this type of formation, it is a topping formation.  It
> has been a topping formation for the nearly 35 years I have been
> trading.  I used to buy them long and get killed many decades ago.
> play them correctly now.  They fail.  They fail, they fail, they
> fail.  They may well come back, but they fail first, and I think the
> statistics would bear me out, but I am not prepared to offer
> mathematical proof that would stand up on this board.  ^_^
>
> DT> When the statistics is not on your side, then the decision is
not due
> DT> the the H&S pattern.[10 or 100 other important reasons but not
H&S].
> DT> Simply go back to the beginning of this year :The first 5 ^N225
> DT> trading bars, you are in front of a bullish inverted H&S and a
> DT> simultaneous bearish H&S [both fully formated]!!!
>
> I'm sorry, but are you talking about this year?  If so, that is
> perhaps the ugliest inverted H&S I've ever seen.  ^^_^^  In fact, I
> don't even really see it.  The beginning of this year (and the end
of
> last year) look like sideways mush to me.
>
> DT> What would you do then, no matter if you belong to
the 'aggressive

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511