RE: [amibroker] Re: Backtest using equity curve

<SPAN
class=758120615-16112003>agreed. if the fact that a trading system did well in
the past has no bearing whatsoever on whether it does well in the future, how
can we know anything at all about the future performance of a proposed
trading system?
<SPAN
class=758120615-16112003>
<SPAN
class=758120615-16112003>dave
<SPAN
class=758120615-16112003>
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <SPAN
  >The gambler$B!G(Bs fallacy
  is a fallacy because the gambler ignores the independence of the outcomes and
  looks for patterns that do not exist.  If we have designed trading
  systems based on recognition of patterns that precede profitable trading
  opportunities, and if those patterns are persistent, then we no longer have
  random, independent outcomes.  Our trading systems do have serial
  dependencies and upward sloping equity curves.  So analysis of the equity
  curve provides an indication of the health of the trading
  system.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN